I am Adam and run and operate the language tuition business.
I offer Spanish, French, Italian and German language tuition to adult learners online. In person tuition sessions will also be possible later in 2021 once the Coronavirus situation is calmer and more under control.
When was language tuition first offered?
Language tuition started in 2010, so has been offered for just over ten years now.
How did I learn so many languages?
For probably twenty-five years or more I have had a passion for speaking and learning foreign languages. As a child I was regularly watching foreign television programs and reading language learning books. Language learning was pretty much an obsession.
In 2010 I decided to start a tuition business. Helping people and foreign languages are my real passion, so teaching languages was and still is my dream job.
How do you find adults learn a language best?
The way I teach adults has evolved over time. I find that the best way to progress in a foreign language consists of several elements, namely:
- Learning how the language works.
- Developing your knowledge (vocabulary and language structures) to support your knowledge on how the language works.
- Growing in confidence using and applying your knowledge through speaking practice and other language practice.
Although I teach adults as a specialism, the best way to learn is in fact to learn like you learnt your native tongue as a child.
Learning a language is not an overnight activity, but would be a gradual process. You learn a little theory, vocabulary, structure every session. Your confidence would grow through speaking practice.
Essentially during tuition you:
- Learn how to say exactly what you want to say
- Improve your accent
- Increase your knowledge and skills
- Gain confidence using the language
- Learn in a supportive and engaging environment
The number one aim for language tuition is for you to receive exactly the support you need in your language learning journey.